Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Getting ready for goodbye.

     An ending nears also continues.

     ALS itself is an ending every day.

     One must live with that ongoing string of losses. But sometimes enough is enough.

     I am so tired. I have so much I want to say, so much I want to write, but no more strength. I am ready for the next step.

     Thanks to all my friends and family: You brought me flowers, food, support and love. You sent letters, emails and gifts.  You appeared from out of my past and from right around the corner.  Thanks to my husband.  I cannot say all he means to me. Thanks to the wonderful people at Hospice of Lake County, ALS association and Forbes Norris Clinic: All could have been just practical and clinical but became true supporters and fond friends.

     I have not been as diligent as I had hoped about staying in touch, but I did try.

     I love you all, and I love this beautiful world, but the time for goodbye gets near.  Not now, not tomorrow, but soon.

     Keep me in your hearts as I keep you.

2 comments:

  1. Peggy,

    Sorry things have been hard on you and you are so tired. I love that you have so many people around you that care for you.

    I wanted to tell my mom so many things, but she did not like to talk about her ALS. I know it is a delicate issue because she did not know when she would pass away and talking about certain things would be hard. That is one of my regrets...that I did not get to tell her everything I wanted to. I hope you have an open line of communication with your loved ones that you can tell them how much they mean to you and how proud you are of them. I can tell you it would mean the world to them because I know from experience. Let them tell you all the wonderful things they want to tell you too:)

    Even though all of this is loving advice I am sharing with you.....nothing is more important than knowing Jesus and having a personal relationship with Him. He is all that I had to lean on when Mom was sick. I know when I die that I will be with Him in Heaven, and I look forward to that day:)

    I haven't asked you before whether you have asked Jesus into your heart. It's one of the harder issues to talk about, but very important. If you are unsure if you will go to Heaven, you can pray a prayer like this: “Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from you. I am sorry for my sin, and repent of it. Please forgive me. I believe your son Jesus Christ died for my sins, and was resurrected from the dead. I ask You to come into my life right now and be my Savior, my Lord, and my Friend. Please fill me with your Holy Spirit. Help me to be Your disciple from this moment forward. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

    Thanks for sharing your heart with us. Praying for you:)

    Much love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my friend! I don't know what to say... I used to feel the same as you but now I have gone too much far away from that point. Wishing all the best...
    Alper

    ReplyDelete